Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Update #8 and #40

Goal #8 is to make 3 projects from every book/magazine I own and here is one that I have been working on the last few days. It is a birthday organizer. Have a look!


The paper I used from the cover is from a Paper Studio page kit and the blue flower is from there also. The owl is a My Mind's Eye Sticker while the heart is a Prima cardstock glitter sticker. I used my Cop-a-dile to punch holes in the corner of all the pages and used Tim Holtz chain to keep the pages together and adorned the chain with some ribbons and a charm I got from the wedding department at Hobby Lobby.












Here is a close up of the binding. I know the lettering came in a kit but I've had it torn apart for a while so I'm not sure where it's from but it worked perfectly for this project!


















To make the inside, I used a bookmark template from Scrapbook Factory Delux program on my computer. I put text boxes over the bookmarks and typed in the month and number along the side. The paper on the backside (like the polkadot) is from My Mind's Eye as well. I printed the bookmarks on white cardstock but the front and back covers are chipboard for durability. After printing, I wrote the birthdays of my family in the corresponding month and date.











So I bet you'd like to know where I got this idea from, huh? Well, it came from my December 2010 issue of Scrapbooks Ect. Here is a look at the original created by Celeste Smith.


Also, goal #40 on my list is to blog twice a week and I blogged Sunday and today...YAY! Well, I'll leave you with this for tonight. I have a few more goals that are in progress that I need to start planning for! SB



No comments:

Post a Comment